1. The wild fires are going crazy on pretty much on all sides of us so the weather report is always saying hot and smokey. But still a lovely scene to wake up to.
2. I LOVE PANCAKES! These are S’mores pancakes. I just added s’more ingredients to the pancake batter.
3. This is our only tomato from our ten bushes… only red tomato…
I love date night. I love Peter.
Peter and I are doing two expensive and two inexpensive dates (one for every week!) This week was are expensive date. WE planned this one together. Actually, we wanted to do this kayaking class for our vacation (when we hiked badger Mt. and went back packing). So we went to a kayaking class. 7 hours! But it was totally worth it! I LOVED IT! and just in case you can’t tell from the pictures… Peter, hot guy in the wet suit, also enjoyed it.
Goodness there were so many thing sI could tell you because it was an incredible day! It was super awesome. Ah.. but alas for the lack of space, time, and focus i’ll just tell you my favorite part: practicing rescuing Peter and also learning to rescue myself ; )
1 Listen to your guides. Seriously, the trip wouldn’t have been half as fun without our super awesome teachers. They were hilarious and totally ripping on Peter in a fun loving way.
2 Drink water and wear sunscreen. Necessities.
3 Relax and Laugh! Whether you fall in on purpose or not (lol- PETER) or can’t paddle straight (cough, cough… me) its so much more fun when you can laugh and laugh a lot.
One of our bikes did not even make it 50 yards. the chain or something… went all crazy.
1- check and double check your BIKES… or have someone more capable check it… (i failed at this!)
2 – BRING SUNGLASSES… that was the one thing I really wished I brought
3 – Bring water, snacks, first aid kit… Stuff just in case 🙂
I really love hiking… I like being outside. SO… even though I’ve already done a post like this I can’t resist to post some more pictures of different hikes.
Mostly pictures ahead!
Every week Peter and I are planning a date. 2x of them will be inexpensive and 2x more expensive. Peter and I get to plan one of each. I have all of mine planned until Christmas AND the fun way I want to invite him to come… that’s right Peter, if you are reading this : )
So installment #1- Putt Putt
I asked him through a code. When you put the paper around the pencil it shows the code. Sorry I have no pictures of this but i do have a picture of my hole in one!!
1. Make sure someone has pockets… larger pockets to fit the score card and pencil in. THANK GOODNESS Peter had pockets!
2. Remember its just a game. Too much competitive spirit can lead to a competition rather than a date… ITS A DATE : )
3. Afterward plan to get ice cream or something since Putt Putting isn’t really a conversational sport… you know you can’t get deep inside the other person’s thoughts.